TUTORIEL sur la reduction des isos

J'ai trouvé un tuto sur la reduction des isos, en supprimant certains fichiers.

Ceci sans utilisé d'auto shrinker de m... qui enleve 20M sur 1G ...

j'ai lu qu'il etait possible de reduire de plus de 50%.

Ce tuto est en anglais, je peux le traduire, mais j'ai pas le temps de suite.

Si vous etes interessé je le post en anglais en attendant.

j'attend vos réponses.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, voila je fais un copier/coller, on sait jamais si le lien viendrait a mourrir par la suite:

source: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=7695

Début:

--------

To rebuild PSP ISOs, Here's what you need.

A. A copy of WinRAR.

B. A copy of VcdromX 3.6/3.6a (Included)

Collect the nessicary ingrediants.

First, Locate the ISO you wish to rebuild. Open it with WinRAR and extract everything to a directory. For demonstration, we will use C:PSPWorkCodedArmsKONAMI

Once everything is extracted, go through and remove the files you don't want. For me, I removed PSP_GAMESYSDIRUPDATE* and PSP_GAMESYSDIREBOOT.BIN

I left everything else `as-is`. The only file I left in PSP_GAMESYSDIR in this case, was BOOT.BIN

Open up VcdromX 3.6a (included)

A dialog box will come up.

New VCDROM

Filename:

Volume Label

VCDROM Type:

[X] Shown on startup

[OK] [CANCEL]

First, enter a filename. In this example, I used C:PSPWorkCodedArmsCodedArms.FCD

Second, enter a volume label (The original disc used "KONAMI" so that's what I put in here. You might need something like isobuster to find this out.)

Third, leave VCDROM Type as it's default value, "Logicraft/IMSI/Microtest VCDROM (*.FCD)"

Press OK.

Now, you have a pretty blank looking window. Open up Windows Explorer, and surf to where you extracted the original ISO. I used C:PSPWorkCodedArmsKONAMI.

Now, drag your edited PSP_GAME folder into the right side of the VcdromX window. ( Name / Size / Ext / Date Time / Source )

Now, drag UMD_DATA.BIN into the window, below PSP_GAME.

Now, click the File Menu at the top of the window, and select Build VCDROM (or press it's shortcut key, Ctrl-:lol:

Dialog:

VCDROM Extention

This will start to build a VCDROM file.

"C:PSPWorkCodedArmsCodedArms.FCD"!

[OK] [CANCEL]

Click OK.

It will chug away, you may monitor the progress in the progress window, and the files being added currently in the bottom of the window.

When it completes, another dialog will appear:

VCDROM Extention

"C:PSPWorkCodedArmsCodedArms.FCD" sucessfuly finished!

[OK]

Click OK.

Now, click File Menu at the top of the window, and select Convert File.

Pick a source type of "Logicraft/IMSI/Microtest VCDROM (*.FCD)"

And click the small folder icon near Name in the Source area, and select the file. For this example, I use "C:PSPWorkCodedArmsCodedArms.FCD".

Pick a Target type of "ISO9660 CDROM Image (*.ISO)" -- Select Overwrite and rename source if you wish.

If not, You must pick a file destination. I chose "C:PSPWorkCodedArms.ISO"

If you manually selected a target file name and did not checkmark Overwrite and rename source, you must now click in the Source area's Name inputbox. (Like copy/paste, but no copy or paste, a single left click will do.)

The Convert button will now light up as being selectable. Click it.

The window will enlarge slightly, showing a progress bar from 1% to 100%. There is no confirmation when it finishes, other than the Convert button becoming unselectable and greyed out again.

You should now have an .ISO containing only the files you wish. Copy it to your PSP, and give it a test.

If it works, great! If it doesn't work, you may have deleted a file that the game needs.

Normally, you can remove pad files, as they contain no information and only exist to push the real data into a faster readzone on the UMD. On a memory stick, they just waste precious space.

Pad files can usually be deleted without problem.

In other cases, you might find .PMF files -- these are `in-game` movies, or game intros, in some cases. Certain games will not care if you delete the file, it just won't play the movie. Other games require you to REPLACE the file with another .PMF. I suggest using gameboot.PMF from the PSP's internal flash. It's around 200KB.

Certain ISOs don't have padding files, and contain a large amount of empty space (Example: Untold Legends). Simply extracting them and rebuilding the ISO will drop their sizes vastly. (In Untold Legends case, from 815MB to 365MB)

Have fun, save space!

-- Kamilion/ProjectMayhem

QUOTE(smaone)

Certain ISOs don't have padding files, and contain a large amount of empty space (Example: Untold Legends). Simply extracting them and rebuilding the ISO will drop their sizes vastly. (In Untold Legends case, from 815MB to 365MB)

Perso je crois que je vais commencer par là, c'est-à-dire par la fin du tuto... En fait et pour ceux qui ne comprendraient pas l'anglais, ils disent simplement ici que certains ISO ne contiennent pas de padding files (me demandez pas ce que sont ces fichiers) mais qu'ils contiennent beaucoup d'espace libre, et que par conséquent le simple fait d'extraire les fichiers de l'ISO pour en recréer un peu permettre de gagner énormément de place (voir l'exemple de Untold Legends, passé de 815Mb à 365Mb)...

Bon ben j'ai effectué deux ou trois essais en décompressant mon ISO avant d'en créer un nouveau. Ca fonctionne, je gagne de la place, mais rien de bien extraordinaire... En effet, j'ai du gagner en moyenne une petite vingtaine de Mb, donc rien qui n'en vaille vraiment la peine...

Vais poursuivre mes investigations en tentant de suprrimer certaines vidéos ou dieu sait quoi... ;-)

C'est vrai que vu sous cet angle... Mais bon, c'est pas ça qui va me permettre de faire passer un ISO de 1.6Gb sur une carte de 1Gb, et je dois avouer que je suis un tantinet maniaque et que j'aime pas trop mélanger les torchons et les serviettes... Donc j'ai des MS pour les jeux, une autre pour les films, etc... Et puis pour la musique, j'ai toujours mon ipod... D'ailleurs je pourrais l'utiliser pour stocker mes ISO `celui-l`à... ;-)

J'ai toujours pas ma psp (ce WE peut etre), mais j'ai deja quelques iso, et je fais des tests. Avec Burnout je suis passe de 488 a 423, c deja mieux.

J'ai utilise la methode de reconstruction de l'iso-> 446M, ensuite je passe cette iso refaite sur Iso shrinker, et j'arrive a 423M.

Pas sur si l'iso marche, je sais pas ce que Iso shrinker fait exactement.

Mais si ca marche, ya plus qu'a retirer des fichiers sur cette derniere ISO de 423M, qui est la plus petite possible, sans supprimer de fichiers.